Monday, October 11, 2010

hooHA 10!10!10! Fun Run

Yesterday, I was having a KL City Tour on foot! It was a nice jog and walk around 4.1km (as calculated by Shirley on wikimapia). =/

Anyway, the day before yesterday, I went to collect the race kit right after my class. Took a ride from Pasar Seni station to Hang Tuah station. From the station, I had to walk for approximately 600 meters to Wisma OCM for the collection. It was a 5 minutes walk and along the walk, I cuss the sun for being so HAPPY (sunny and bright).
Finally arrived.
Got in the collection hall and got my shirt and goodie bag "ticket". The process was less than 20 seconds, as there was no queue, as many participants collected their race kit early in the morning.


So, my rant is.....it took a lot of effort to the collection point BUT the collection took less than 20 seconds! It's like waiting for more than half an hour to an hour or longer just for your appointment with the doctor, BUT the consultation was less than 5 minutes! Geddit? If not, never mind lah.. I'm just saying only...

After I got my Orange Tee, I went to Berjaya Times Square to meet up with Frankie who is KL for work training. He was there with Calvin and Rames. They planned to watch Eat. Pray. Love and I had a dinner to attend to, but in the end cancelled dinner because I wanted to watch the movie badly (been wanting to watch it since it was on screen).

Eat. Pray. Love. movie tix
The movie was great. Humorous and inspirational. Very enlightening as well. I love the Eat part of the movie. hahaha.. After watching the movie, I want to go to Italy! For the food, wine, architecture, history and scenery. Plus, I love their language, well, French is still the first language I want to learn.

On 101010 (10 October, 2010), JJ called me as early as 5.26am! The night before, I set the alarm to ring at 4.30am. When it rang, I switched it off and went back to sleep. Thanks to JJ for the morning call, otherwise.......GG. Also thanks for the carpool :D
Parked opposite Sakura Restaurant & walked to Lot10
We arrived very early at the venue, Lot 10. Currently, the Nike run just started and the hooHA! fun run starts after their run.
*sulking*
Initially, both Yien and I planned to join the NikeMY 10!10!10! run, unfortunately something came up and when I wanted to register for the run, the registration was full already. T__________T

Watching Nike runners pass by
So striking their shirt
the hooHA! runners cheering and at the same time envy their shirt. LOL
Notti clown was around to keep us entertained :)

Despite the fact that the registration for Nike run was full already, I registered for the hooHA 10!10!10! instead since Forrest, JJ, Kelson, Rachel and Shirley were joining the fun run on the very same day as the Nike run.
From left to right: Shirley, JJ, Kelson, Rachel, *missing Forrest* and me
Orange shirt
Most of us wore the orange tee while JJ was the only one among us 6 who wore the blue shirt. lol.. Very minority.
JJ's blue shirt with Rachel & Shirley covering his tits with their hands lol
Before the run began, the emcee made us do Mexican wave from the front to the back for a few times. It was fun. Then, the emcee counted from 1 to 10 for the run to begin. With God's grace and blessing, even the traffic lights turn green to commemorate the begin of the run!

Green lights = GO!
Too crowded to run o.O!!
Signage to keep the runners from being lost


The sweet couple with Forrest's nephew

Drink station packed with humans!
This hooHA 10!10!10! fun run is like a KL City Tour on foot for me...
walking along the financial district
Rachel camwhoring with Nike's distance bunting

a great view of the KL tower

view of KL Twin Tower from far
upclose and personal :P

the fehmes 2 combs of corn!
KLCC
Great! So much for "fresh air"


Skaters taking a break
Reaching Pavilion. Daddy's lil girl is lucky!

Someone completed the run and having a great time sunbathing on the not so green grass


The finishing line
Reached the finishing line in less than 40 minutes. o.O!! Such a short run!
Cereals for breakfast after the run


Milo Station

This Milo station has the longest queue! Everyone wants to have a drip of it! Including us :P
Smart way! Who would have thought the chair is only for our butt!
Finishing Medal
After the finishing line, I went to claim for my goodie bag and there's the finisher's medal inside. So nice! Didn't expect to get the finisher medal, plus it's GOLD! I'm a champion. lalalalallaa...

There are more pichas taken with Rachel's camera. Teeheehee.. Prolly will add in more pichas when she and Forrest uploads them on Facebook. :D
Sunbathing while waiting for food & drinks
We went to Restoran Win Heng Seng for breakfast after our run. It's just across the road from where we parked. Kelson said the place is famous for its "Chu Yok Fun" (Pork Noodles). The place was crowded with runners from both Nike and hooHA run. lol.. Anyway, we secured a table which was outside the shop and the sun was starting to reveal itself from the cottons of clouds! BBQ!!

Of course there's a food review of the Chu Yok Fun. Stay tuned for it @ Dine with Annna.

2 comments:

ahlost said...

Waaaaaahh.. fun run that I missed out..

I AM THE FEHMES CHEATER RUNNER FROM EAST MALAYSIA.. BAHAHAHAHA !!

a n n n a said...

Yea.. Really big miss, but it's ok... You did your run too, just in diff location. Teeheeehee..

LAMAO!! Don't asyik label yourself the cheater just because of someone who don't knowing anything simply make statement one lah